I also purchased the e-book "Selling in an Antique Mall: A Beginner's Guide" which I thought was an excellent value for the $9.95 cost. This book contains information from how to select the right antique mall to how to set-up your business.
What have I accomplished so far?
- I have created an Excel inventory tracking system
- I have created a system for photographing items
- I have begun to build an inventory of items by pulling things from my cupboards
- I have created the booth's social media presence (Twitter, Facebook and this blog)
What am I planning to do next?
- Obtain my Tax id
- Continue adding to inventory
- Identify antique malls to visit
- Develop list of questions to ask mall operators
- Review merchandise price points when visiting malls
- Create a mock booth in the basement and practice styling it with merchandise
I'm approaching setting up this business in a very methodical manner. Hopefully this approach will minimize any stress associated with starting a new business and ensure its success!